BSB41419 Certificate IV Work Health and Safety
Qualification Code and Title
BSB41419 – Certificate IV Work Health and Safety
- 19th October 2020
Approved workplace locations
Online (coming soon)
12 months (52 weeks) minimum
This qualification is delivered through a workplace-based approach to training and assessment Consisting of:
- Customised delivery to meet clients’ needs
- Can include face to face sessions
- On the job assessment
- Ongoing support with a trainer
Online (coming soon)
This qualification is delivered through online learning consisting of:
- Online training sessions
- Online assessment.
- Ongoing support with a trainer
This qualification can be delivered in a combination of both workplace and online learning, contact the team at Competitive Solutions Australia to discuss.
The BSB41419 – Certificate IV Work Health and Safety consists of TEN (10) units of competency – FIVE (5) core and FIVE (5) electives. To complete this qualification, you must successfully complete all TEN units as listed below:
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|BSBWHS412||Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws||Core|
|BSBWHS413||Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation||Core|
|BSBWHS414||Contribute to WHS risk management||Core|
|BSBWHS415||Contribute to implementing WHS management systems||Core|
|BSBWHS416||Contribute to workplace incident response||Core|
|BSBINS401||Analyse and present research information||Elective|
|BSBWHS417||Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work||Elective|
|BSBWHS419||Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes||Elective|
|BSBWRT411||Write complex documents||Elective|
|BSBSTR401||Promote innovation in team environments||Elective|
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification or any of the units within it however Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. requires that students:
- Have demonstrated a suitable level of language, literacy and numeracy to complete the course requirements, with or without the additional support that Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. is able to provide.
- Currently occupy a role relevant to the course and subject area of the qualification
- Are currently employed at a workplace that is suitable for undertaking the workplace assessments and where resources and equipment can be accessed
- Have received their employers’ commitment to support them through the program
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available and all students are offered the opportunity to participate in RPL upon application. The RPL process considers the skills and knowledge you have gained through work and life experience and other unrecognised training. RPL is recommended where individuals have been working in a relevant job role for a period.
To apply for RPL, you will need to fill in an RPL Kit and return it with an RPL Application Form. Your application will then be assessed for suitability and you will be contacted by an assessor to progress the RPL Process.
The RPL process will then involve gathering paper-based evidence to demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience, answering questions, completing tasks and potentially observation of skills in your workplace.
Fees applicable for RPL are as follows:
- $500.00 Application Fee upon submission of the RPL Application Form AND
- $300.00 for each unit of competency in your application
It is best to submit any RPL applications prior to the commencement of your course so that an outcome can be determine before your course commences and to minimise associated fees.
Where an RPL is granted for one or more unit, cluster-based assessments will be customised accordingly to ensure you do not have to undertake assessment tasks relating to the RPL unit/s.
For more information about RPL applications please contact us.
Credit transfer (CT) is the formal recognition of units of competency previously attained from another Registered Training Organisation (RTO) or TAFE. Competitive Solutions will recognise all statements of attainments and transcripts of results on presentation of the original or certified copies.
Students can apply for Credit transfer at any time however it is best to do this at enrolment or prior to the commencement of training so that you don’t complete units that you have already achieved
There is no charge for units that are Credit transfer. Course fees for students who have credit transfer will be reduced according to the number of units for which credit transfer has been granted.
You will be offered the opportunity to apply for Credit transfer upon application. Please obtain a Credit Transfer Application Form and attach the relevant supporting documentation. You will be advised in writing of the outcome.
Further details regarding Credit transfer can be found in the Student Handbook and the Credit Transfer Policy & Procedure. Please contact us to discuss further
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for students considering this qualification include:
- Completion of a certificate II/III level qualification from the Manufacturing Training Package and/or other related training packages
- Vocational experience in manufacturing work
Pathways from the qualification
After successfully completing this qualification, students may undertake:
- Other related qualifications in manufacturing and/or Work health and Safety.
Training will consist of training sessions and monitoring sessions distributed across the period of the course duration which is approximately 12 months (52 weeks).
Your trainer will provide you with the necessary learning materials and resources for the program. The program is broken into FOUR (4) clusters or groups as follows:
BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
BSBSTR401Promote innovation in team environments
BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation
BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will work with your employer to:
- Confirm the relevance of your current role to the qualification
- Confirm your suitability and availability of workplace resources for the course
- Confirm their commitment to support you through the program
- Schedule training dates and confirm workplace resource requirements for the course
By nominating you for this program, your employer has shown a commitment to your education and development by allocating time for you to participate in the program. The employer will be monitoring your progress throughout the course and providing third-party support of your knowledge and skill development.
For further information on workplace involvement in this program you can contact us or speak with your workplace manager/supervisor.
Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will provide you with support services that meet your individual needs to assist you in maximising your chances of successfully completing your training program. Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will:
- Identify any support you need prior to enrolment or commencement of training
- Provide access to the required support throughout the training
- Support may include:
- Language, literacy and numeracy support
- Assistance with technology
- One-on-one support
If you think you might require additional support, please contact us to discuss further.
Assessment is conducted through a variety of assessment methods including:
- Written Knowledge Questions – there will be a series of questions that will require written responses. The questions cover each of the units contains in a cluster and will assess your knowledge of the topics.
- Workplace Activities (WPA’s) – these activities require you to complete tasks in your workplace environment and cover all components of the course.
- Observations – your assessor will observe you in the workplace performing tasks relating to each of the units in the course.
- Third-Party Reports – your manager/supervisor will be asked to sign a report confirming your consistency of performance across all areas of the course.
Assessments for the program are also broken into FOUR (4) clusters or groups as detailed in the Training Arrangements section above. Where a credit transfer has been granted, the cluster-based assessments will be customised accordingly to ensure you do not have to undertake assessment tasks previously completed. If you do not fully complete all assessment tasks for a particular cluster, you will not receive any AQF certification.
Students are expected to bring with them to each of the face-to-face training sessions the following:
- Pens and paper
- Workplace examples for activities (your trainer will advise)
For completing assessment tasks and activities, students will require access to workplace resources, equipment and documentation. All other resources will be provided by Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd.
If you withdraw from the program, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for any completed clusters. In order to be eligible for a Statement of Attainment, you need to have completed all required assessment tasks in a particular cluster.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued with the nationally recognised qualification of BSB30719 – Certificate III Work Health and Safety. Certificates will be issued within 30 days of completion, that is, 30 days from the date of your last competent unit/cluster.
The course fees for completing this qualification are $8,000.00 per student consisting of the following:
- $1,000.00 Enrolment Fee (non-refundable)
- $7,000.00 Balance of Fees
NB: Tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
If you are applying for an RPL Assessment the fees are as follows:
- $500.00 per RPL Application AND
- $300.00 per each unit of competency in your application
NB: There is no charge for credit transfer applications.
Additional fees which may be incurred in connection with this course include:
- $50.00 per reissuance of a certification document
- $200.00 re-assessment per unit
You employer will advise you with the details about an information session for this course where a representative from Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will visit your workplace.
Once this has occurred and you have agreed to enrol, a representative will make a time to visit you at your workplace to complete the enrolment documentation.
As part of the enrolment process, you will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment to determine whether you meet the entry requirements of the course and whether you may require additional support.
If you have any further questions about the enrolment process, please contact us to discuss.