Workplace Training Benefits
There are three key benefits from workplace training
- More accountable employees – staff can meet expectations when they know what they are
- Better engaged employees – your people want to be given an opportunity to make a difference
- Increased profits – through better productivity, reduced waste and improved performance
Workplace Training Options
Competitive Solutions can customise training to meet a defined need. We understand there is no ‘one size fits all’ model because each workplace us unique and has its own unique challenges. We have a suite of delivery options for employers
Choosing the right training provider
Many businesses choose to enter training arrangements with external providers without really thinking through what they are doing. Of course, we understand that our people are our greatest asset and investing in our people is the right thing to do right.
So, when an offer of free (government subsidised) training comes along it seems like a low-risk proposition. We’re not paying for it so anything we get out of it is a bonus, right?
Here are three things to consider before you engage in training with an external provider.
Businesses can fall into the trap of seeing a ‘free’ or low-cost training initiative as low risk and worth a try. But they are setting themselves up for failure for a simple yet obvious reason. They have forgotten to ask themselves ‘what are we hoping to achieve’. There are only three things a training program an achieve
- Add new skills/behaviours that aren’t present
- Remove behaviours that are present but unproductive
- Reinforce existing behaviours
Ask yourself what you want from a program
Government Funded Opportunities
Both state and federal governments offer financial incentives for employers who enrol their people in accredited training.
Competitive Solutions can assist you to identify relevant funding streams and help you manage the process