MSS40316 Certificate IV Competitive Systems and Practices
Qualification Code and Title
MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices
- July 2020
Approved workplace locations
12 months (52 weeks) minimum
This qualification is delivered through a workplace-based approach to training and assessment Consisting of:
- Customised delivery to meet clients’ needs
- Can include face to face sessions
- On the job assessment
- Ongoing support with a trainer
This qualification is delivered through online learning consisting of:
- Online training sessions
- Online assessment.
- Ongoing support with a trainer
This qualification can be delivered in a combination of both workplace and online learning, contact the team at Competitive Solutions Australia to discuss.
The MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices consists of TWELVE (12) units of competency – THREE (3) core and NINE (9) electives. To complete this qualification, you must successfully complete all TWELVE units as listed below:
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|MSS403001||Review competitive systems and practices||Core|
|MSS403010||Facilitate change in an organisation implementing competitive systems and practices||Core|
|MSMENV472||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices||Core|
|MSS403085||Ensure process improvements are sustained||Elective Group A|
|MSS403084||Improve changeovers||Elective Group B|
|MSS403021||Facilitate a Just In Time system||Elective Group B|
|MSS403087||Mistake proof an operational process||Elective Group B|
|MSS403055||Facilitate continuous improvement through the use of standardised procedures and practices||Elective Group B|
|MSS403086||Improve cost factors in work practices||Elective Group B|
|MSS405040||Manage 5S systems in an organisation||Elective Group A|
|MSS405008||Analyse and map a value stream||Elective Group C|
|MSS402080||Undertake root cause analysis||Elective Group C|
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification or any of the units within it however Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. requires that students:
- Are over the age of 18
- Are capable of a suitable level of language, literacy and numeracy to complete the course requirements, with or without the additional support that Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. is able to provide
- Currently occupy a role relevant to the course and subject area of the qualification
- Are currently employed at a workplace that is suitable for undertaking the workplace assessments and where resources and equipment can be accessed
- Have received their employers’ commitment to support them through the program
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available and all students are offered the opportunity to participate in RPL upon application. The RPL process considers the skills and knowledge you have gained through work and life experience and other unrecognised training. RPL is recommended where individuals have been working in a relevant job role for a period of time.
To apply for RPL, you will need to fill in an RPL Kit and return it with an RPL Application Form. Your application will then be assessed for suitability and you will be contact by an assessor to progress the RPL Process.
The RPL process will then involve gathering paper-based evidence to demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience, answering questions, completing tasks and potentially observation of skills in your workplace.
Fees applicable for RPL are as follows:
- $500.00 Application Fee upon submission of the RPL Application Form AND
- $300.00 per for each unit of competency in your application
It is best to submit any RPL applications prior to the commencement of your course so that an outcome can be determine before your course commences and to minimise associated fees.
Where an RPL is granted for one or more unit, cluster-based assessments will be customised accordingly to ensure you do not have to undertake assessment tasks relating to the RPL unit/s.
For more information about RPL applications please contact us.
Course Credit is a formal mechanism for recognising previous studies completed for the purpose of reducing the number of units that you will need to complete in your current course.
You will be offered the opportunity to apply for Course Credit upon application. You can access Course Credit Application Form and submitting relevant supporting documentation. You will be advised in writing of the outcome. In some cases, course credit may lead to a reduction in course fees – you will be advised in writing of the outcome of your course credit application.
Where a course credit is granted, cluster-based assessments will be customised accordingly to ensure you do not have to undertake assessment tasks previously completed.
Further details regarding Course Credit can be found in the Student Handbook and Course Credit Policy & Procedure. Please contact us to discuss further.
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for students considering this qualification include:
- Completion of a certificate II level qualification from the Manufacturing Training Package or other related training package
- Vocational experience in manufacturing work
Pathways from the qualification
After successfully completing this qualification, students may undertake:
- Other related qualifications in manufacturing
Training will consist training sessions distributed across the period of the course duration which is approximately 12 months (52 weeks).
Your trainer will provide you with the necessary learning materials and resources for the program. The program is broken into FOUR (4) clusters or groups as follows:
MSS405040 Manage 5S systems and practices
MSS403001 Review competitive systems and practices
MSS403010 Facilitate change in an organisation implementing competitive systems and practices
MSS405008 Analyse and map a value stream
MSS402080 Undertake root cause analysis
MSS403021 Facilitate a Just In Time system
MSS403055 Facilitate continuous improvement through the use of standardised procedures and practices
MSS403087 Mistake proof an operational process
MSS403084 Improve changeovers
MSMENV472 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
MSS403085 Ensure process improvements are sustained
MSS403086 Improve cost factors in work practices
Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will work with your employer to:
- Confirm the relevance of your current role to the qualification
- Confirm your suitability and availability of workplace resources for the course
- Confirm their commitment to support you through the program
- Schedule training dates and confirm workplace resource requirements for the course
By nominating you for this program, your employer has shown a commitment to your education and development. The employer will be monitoring your progress throughout the course and providing third-party support of your knowledge and skill development.
For further information on workplace involvement in this program you can contact us or speak with your workplace manager/supervisor.
Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will provide you with support services that meet your individual needs to assist you in maximising your chances of successfully completing your training program. Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will:
- Identify any support you need prior to enrolment or commencement of training
- Provide access to the required support throughout the training
- Support may include:
- Language, literacy and numeracy support
- Assistance with technology
- One-on-one support
If you think you might require additional support, please contact us to discuss further.
Assessment is conducted through a variety of assessment methods including:
- Written Knowledge Questions – there will be a series of questions that will require written responses. The questions cover each of the units contains in a cluster and will assess your knowledge of the topics.
- Workplace Activities (WPA’s) – these activities require you to complete tasks in your workplace environment and cover all components of the course.
- Observations – your assessor will observe you in the workplace performing tasks relating to each of the units in the course.
- Third-Party Reports – your manager/supervisor will be asked to sign a report confirming your consistency of performance across all areas of the course.
Assessments for the program are also broken into FOUR (4) clusters or groups as detailed in the Training Arrangements section above. Where a course credit has been granted, the cluster-based assessments will be customised accordingly to ensure you do not have to undertake assessment tasks previously completed. If you do not fully complete all assessment tasks for a particular cluster, you will not receive any AQF certification.
Students are expected to bring with them to each of the face-to-face training sessions the following:
- Pens and paper
- Workplace examples for activities (your trainer will advise)
For completing assessment tasks and activities, students will require access to workplace resources, equipment and documentation. All other resources will be provided by Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd.
If you withdraw from the program, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for any completed clusters. In order to be eligible for a Statement of Attainment, you need to have completed all required assessment tasks in particular cluster.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued with the nationally recognised qualification of MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices. Certificates will be issued within 30 days of completion, that is, 30 days from the date of your last competent unit/cluster.
The course fees for completing this qualification are $8000.00 per student consisting of the following:
- $1,000.00 Enrolment Fee (non-refundable)
- $7,000.00 Balance of Fees
NB: Tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
If you are applying for an RPL Assessment the fees are as follows:
- $500.00 per RPL Application AND
- $300.00 per each unit of competency in your application
NB: There is no charge for course credit applications.
Additional fees which may be incurred in connection with this course include:
- $50.00 per reissuance of a certification document
- $200.00 re-assessment per unit
You employer will advise you with the details about an information session for this course where a representative from Competitive Solutions Australia Pty Ltd. will visit your workplace.
Once this has occurred and you have agreed to enrol, a representative will make a time to visit you at your workplace to complete the enrolment documentation.
As part of the enrolment process, you will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment to determine whether you meet the entry requirements of the course and whether may require additional support.
If you have any further questions about the enrolment process, please contact us to discuss.